Monday, August 18

Alt-Aholics (Un)Anonymous

I might as well introduce any readers to my plethora of alts in World of Warcraft.  Drink a Jolt or two... this could take a while.

On the Blackhand PvE server:
Alliance toons in the guild Thunder and Lightning, headed by the esteemed fisherman and skier Pistol.  Horde toons under the banner of Interlude (though they might jump ship for AIE on Earthen Ring!).

Fendryys: level 70 Human Arms Warrior.  This was my first toon, and my first to ding 70.  I love running her around on dailies, though she's gathered some dust as of late, my newer alts have taken the bulk of my time.  Backstory in 10 words or less: Chafed at authority, joined Defias, got screwed over, now wanders.

Shavara: level 70 Night Elf Beast-Mastery Hunter.  My second toon, perhaps my favorite toon, I love pet classes!  Backstory: Tried Druidism, failed, Cat Spirit visits.  Finds Mittens, now happy.

Rosepetal: level 62 Tauren Feral Druid.  My first healing-capable toon; I rather like self buffs and HoTs!  Also, my first experience with combo points.  It took me forever to get the hang of it, nearly gave up on her, but now it's Kitty DPS all the way, baby!  Backstory: Feels ugly, cuts herself, hides herself in animal forms.  Lonely.  (These are harder than they look, kids!)

Sapphos: level 52 Blood Elf Arcane Mage.  My first real caster, I'm finally getting the hang of blowing things up from afar.  I keep wanting to sneak around and attack up close, but Mages are all about a wide swath of scorched earth.  Backstory: Scourge came, survived, hid four years.  Haunting memories follow.  Lesbian.  (Wikipedia "Sappho", kids!)

Rhetta: level 33 Undead Demonology Warlock.  After playing Shavara for a while, I had the epiphany: there's another pet Class in this game!  So I rolled this Warlock, and I love the Voidwalker as a tank.  And the more DoTs the merrier - more DoTs than a little girls Easter dress!  Backstory: Turned by Scourge, hates it.  Uses Demons against Demon users!

Vakash: level 34 Orc Enhancement Shaman.  Caster pulls, melee DPS with shocks, and heals!  And a travel form!  I love this class.  Backstory: Loves Thrall from afar.  Obsessed with Thrall.  Worships Thrall!  Thrall!  (BTW, she likes Thrall.)

Avuur: level 35 Draenei Retribution Paladin.  It took me until about 30 to warm up to this class, now I'm hauling ass grinding quests and loving it.  Backstory... was complete, until I saw I had some lore wrong, now I've got to readjust.  (Damn you Ret-Cons!)

Zulvash: level 34 Troll Shadow Priest.  Though can you really call them Shadow Priests before they get Shadowform?  I mean really, that's the coolest thing about that tree.  Working on the backstory yet, tossing around the idea of dual-personalities, and the conflict between the holy light and the shadow.

Saxxle: level 30 Gnome Rogue.  Haven't settled on a spec yet, nothing's really clicking with me.  Though being a sneaky bastard is fun.  Maybe I secretly don't like Gnomes.  Backstory... I've just decided is crap, and I'm gonna rework it.

Fendryyx: soon-to-be level 55 Human Death Knight.  Being held currently by a level 6 placeholder Warrior.  Can't wait until Lich King!  Backstory: Fendryys becomes Scourge.  Death, blight: natural way.  Trains, leaves King.  (No kidding!  10 words is real tough!)

On the Zul'Jin PvE server:

Bludlime: level 23 Tauren Beast Mastery Hunter.  Love Hunters!  I made this toon just to send Bludlemon, one of the WoW Comics submitters, a message saying how much I loved the cartoons, but now I've been invited into Bludlemon's guild Doomed Kitties, and I'm stuck loving leveling another Hunter!  Backstory: You're kidding, right?  This is a flippant fan toon only.  (Hehehe, 10 words!)

On the Earthen Ring RP server:

Ravísh: level 27 Blood Elf Demonology Warlock.  Get the idea that I love pet classes?  My first foray into an RP server, and a proud member of the esteemed Alea Iacta Est guild!  Backstory: Scourged, didn't die: coma.  Awakens, hears Whispers from Void.  Spunky.

Listless: level 1ish Undead Rogue.  Under level 10 you don't get to claim a spec.  This toon is an RP experiment: to travel the worlds, discover every sub-zone (WotLK Achievements... Hoooo!), searching....  Backstory: Awoke, no memory.  Wanders, searching for past.  Enigmatic cat follows.

Bookworm: level 6ish Undead Priest.  Bank alt of sorts for the AIE guild.  Send any recipes you can spare to her for distribution to other guildies.  Backstory: Arose in library, reads everything.  Lovingly teaching knowledge to others.

Hello, my name is (all the above), and I'm an Alt-aholic.  Admitting it is the first step towards recovery, right?  Though if I'm enjoying it so much, why would I want to quit?

You'll notice I've at least one of every Class, and one of every Race (except Dwarves - ugly bastards all!).  One common thread to all of these is the desire to experience everything available to the solo player (though I'll help a fellow guildie with most anything!).  There's so much in the game to check out and explore!

More Backstory fun, and more ponderation on the scourge of Alt-Aholism, to follow...

No comments: